Saturday, November 16, 2013

Samantha fills out a Beauty Questionnaire

Hello, all. I apologize for having neglected my blog this week. I've been busy with rehearsals for Peter Pan at my local community theatre, so I haven't had a lot of free time, and I haven't been wearing my normal clothes (I'm wearing danceable stuff).

I've recently found a beauty questionnaire on the Sephora message boards, and I thought it would give you all an overall better view of where I'm coming from skin-wise and in the way of makeup preference if I filled it out.

SKINCARE
-What skin type do you have? Combination. Every once in a while it'll lean more toward dry, and sometimes (like now) it's more oily.
-How many times do you wash your face daily? Twice.
-What is your current facial wash? I just use the Dove White Beauty Bar.
-Do you exfoliate? Yes, generally at least once a week.
-What brand do you use? I use the Neutrogena Wave Exfoliating Pads.
-What moisturizer do you use? Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream. I also have a sample of Clinique Dramatically Different that's almost gone. But it's also good, and it's lightweight.
-Do you have freckles? Just a dusting across the bridge of my nose.
-Do you use eye cream? No.
-Do you or did you have acne prone skin? It was bad when I was a teenager, but it's under control now. I will get a breakout occasionally, but it's good overall.
-Did you ever use Proactiv? I've tried the Blackhead Dissolving Gel (which didn't work for me), but otherwise, no.

MAKE-UP
-What foundation do you use? I generally don't use foundation. I generally just use concealers. But I do like Maybelline's Dream Fresh BB.
-How about concealer? Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circles and Maybelline FitMe
-Do you know your undertone color? I think blue. But I'm not 100% sure.
-What do you think of fake eyelashes? I personally don't wear them, but I think they're a fun thing for a special event.
-Did you know that you are suppose to change your mascara every 3 months? Yes. But I don't always do it.
-What brand of mascara do you use? Benefit They're Real!, a sample of Smashbox Photo Op, and L'Oreal Voluminous
-What makeup tools do you use in make up application? Foundation brush (for powder), blush brush, eyebrow/mascara brush, cotton cosmetic applicators, eyeliner brush, eyeshadow brushes, lip brush (on occasion), blending sponge
-Do you use make-up base/primer for the eyes? Yes. If I'm wearing shadow, I'll use the e.l.f. Shadow Primer. It's supposed to be a near-exact dupe for the Urban Decay Primer Potion. If I'm not wearing shadow, I'll just use concealer on my lids.
-What is your favorite eyeshadow (color or shade)? That's really hard to choose. I'll have to go with black because I love the drama it creates. But I also love both neutrals and vivid colors.
-Do you use pencil or liquid eyeliner? Both. But lately, I've been skipping liner for my daily look. It's probably because I've been working in the morning and I have a hard time waking up, so I don't have a lot of time to do makeup.
-How often do you poke your eyes with an eyeliner pencil? Never. But I've poked my eyes with mascara wands.
-What do you think of pigment eyeshadows? I've never used a pigment eyeshadow, but I've used powder blush, and while I like the product, I hate the mess it makes.
-Do you use mineral makeup? No.
-What is your favorite lipstick? Rimmel, Revlon, L'Oreal
-How about lipgloss? Rimmel Stay Glossy and Nyx Butter Gloss.
-What is your favorite blush to use? NYX

-Do you buy your makeup on ebay? No, but I got my e.l.f. Studio Blush in Gotta Glow from Amazon because I couldn't find it in local stores, and as an eBay fan, I'm not completely against getting makeup there.
-Do you like drugstore makeup? Yes. Most of my makeup is drugstore.
-Do you go to CCO's? (cosmetic company outlets) No
-Did you ever consider taking make-up classes? I took a stage makeup class in college as a requirement for my musical theatre degree. But I've never thought about taking a class for cosmetics.
-Are you clumsy in putting on makeup? Every once and a while, I'll still goof near the eyes. My hands could be steadier. But the rest of the face is fine.
-Name a makeup crime that you hate? Not blending bronzer well enough...and I saw a woman recently whose lip look consisted of only red lip liner around the lips. That was icky.
-Do you like colorful shades of makeup? Yes. I love to play with them.
-Which celebrity always has great make up? Love her or hate her...(I love her, as you know)...Lady Gaga does some hella cool stuff with makeup. I like a lot of Emma Watson's looks. Cara Delevingne has worn a lot of cool looks, but I don't always like the way her eyebrows are done. And...while she's been gone a long time...Audrey Hepburn always looked amazing.
-If you could leave the house using just ONE make up item, what would you use? Mascara.
-Could you ever leave the house without any makeup on? Yes. I have on occasion, to do errands. But I prefer not to.
-Do you think you look good even without any makeup on? Sometimes. It depends on the day.
-In your opinion, what is the BEST makeup line? I don't think there's a best. I have different things I like from different makeup lines.
-What do you think of Makeup?? I love makeup. I like creating different looks for each day. It's like art that you wear on your face. There's such fun in colors, like a bold lip or colorful eye. I am happy that I have makeup to enrich my life.


I hope you found my answers interesting. And if you take this survey, either leave it in the comments below, or link your survey in the comments. I can't wait to see what you write.

xx Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment