Sunday, September 29, 2013

Review: Revlon Colorstay Longwear Nail Enamel in Trade Winds

This summer, I was one of the winners of the Revlon Pacific Coast Color Story Contest on Pinterest. (To view my winning board, click here.) I won the entire Pacific Coast Collection by Gucci Westman, and I'm still using these products this fall.  The products in the line range from great to tolerable. One of the latter products is the Colorstay Longwear Nail Enamel.

The colors are nice - I received Jungle, Seashell, Trade Winds, and Sunburst.  Trade Winds, the color I'm wearing right now, is a beautiful beige that somehow manages to have both pink and yellow (but mostly yellow) undertones. It lives up to its promise of lasting a long time, but it bubbles easily, takes a long time to dry, and dries soft. This makes it easy to smudge or indent.

Trade Winds on my nails. (Click image to enlarge)

This is a nice color, and I'll continue to wear it (especially because it was free), but if you're in the market for a quality beige polish, you can do better, even if you just go for a polish in the standard Revlon line. I'd give this product about a 3 out of 5 stars.

Have you tried these polishes? Are you a fan? How did they hold up for you? Let me know in the comments below.

xx Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment