Thursday, October 10, 2013

Closet Costume Challenge - #1 - Betty Rizzo, Grease

Hello, beautiful people! Welcome to the first costume in the Closet Costume Challenge! In case you haven't read about it, this means that this month I'm creating Halloween costumes using items only from my own wardrobe! To read more about the CCC, click here.

Today's costume is Betty Rizzo from the musical/movie Grease. This costume is based on Rizzo's outfit from her first scene in the film ("We're gonna rule the school.")

Click to enlarge

Jacket - Charlotte Russe
Shirt - Wet Seal
Belt - Vintage
Skirt - Byergirl (I don't remember where I got it. I have had it since I was 12 or 13 and it still fits.)
Earrings - Vintage
Shoes - Calvin Klein (TJ Maxx)

None of these items are currently available in stores, but many of you likely have similar clothing. This outfit would basically work for all the Pink Ladies. You could switch out the black T-shirt and skirt with cream or peach versions if you wanted to be Frenchy. Personally, if I were going to be Jan or Marty, I would add some color or patterns (i.e., Jan's tartan skirt) to the outfit.

I added the earrings for a little flair, and I decided to wear black shoes instead of red because I thought they went with the outfit better.

What are you planning to be for Halloween? What kind of costumes would you like to see me try to make from my wardrobe? And if you create your own closet costumes, make sure to use the Twitter hashtag #pleatherandpolish.

I hope you're starting to get inspired for your next masterpiece! See you soon!!

xx Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment