Thursday, October 31, 2013

My Halloween Costume

Happy Halloween!

I'd like to start off by noting that Pleather and Polish now has a Facebook page, which can be found here. If you like my blog, please like the page or follow me on Bloglovin!

Now for my Halloween costume. This year, I was Ariel from The Little Mermaid. This was a great year to do this costume - because of the Blu-Ray/DVD release, there is a lot of TLM merch out and I scored this great wig in the toy department at Target!!

(Click to enlarge)
Wig - Target
Bra -Target

You may notice the "tail" (which really was just a skirt) is the dress from my second Closet Costume Challenge post. I just tucked the top half in.

The Sebastian plush is from my childhood.

(Click to enlarge)
I handed out candy to the trick-or-treaters. The only other princess I saw was a sweet little toddler dressed as Merida. The wig was much too big for her, and she wouldn't talk to me because she had seen a scary mask earlier that evening.

But what was funny is the parents liked my costume more than the kids did, despite the attempt by one mother to point me out to her child as "her favorite." The kids just wanted their darn candy.

But I do it for me, anyway. When I have children, I will be the mom that wears a costume when she accompanies her children.

Here's a closer, kinda glam, kinda awkward selfie so you can see my makeup:


(Click to enlarge)
Makeup used:
  • Rimmel Fix and Perfect Pro Primer
  • Maybelline Dream Fresh BB in Light
  • Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Concealer + Treatment in Fair
  • Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in Fair (15)
  • Neutrogena Healthy Skin Blends in Clear
  • Benefit Watt's Up! (highlighter)
  • e.l.f. Studio Blush in Gotta Glow
  • NYX Powder Blush in Pinched
  • e.l.f. Essential Liquid Eyeliner in Black
  • Rimmel Soft Kohl Kajal Eye Liner Pencil in Pure White (on the inner corners)
  • Benefit They're Real! Mascara
  • Smashbox Photo Op Eye Brightening Mascara (I layer wet and dry formula mascaras for extra volume)
  •  e.l.f. Essential Wet Gloss Lash and Brow Clear Mascara (on brows)
  • Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Romantic
  • NYX Butter Gloss in Cherry Pie

Did you do anything to celebrate this year? Let me know and show me pics in the comments below!

xx Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment