Thursday, October 3, 2013

September Favorites

Hey, everyone! October is here, and you know what that means...

That means that I share with you what I've been loving this month.

Once again, all opinions are my own. Ain't nobody paying me to butter them up.








Bath/Body:

Lady Gaga Fame:

I could link you to an online retailer, but if you can get this at a Marshalls or TJ Maxx, you're really doing yourself a favor. If you really want to spend a lot of money, you can buy this most places where fragrances are sold.

For my mini-review/haul, click here.

Bath and Body Works Dreamy Vanilla Woods Shower Gel and Fine Fragrance Mist: 





(click to enlarge)


This product is not currently in production, but I don't feel like this would be a true "favorites" without me including it. You can probably tell from the picture that I've used over half the shower gel.

This stuff is what I use when I want something a little sweeter than Lady Gaga Fame. If you've ever used Warm Vanilla Sugar, this smells a lot less like dessert. In addition to vanilla, this scent incorporates white orchid and saffron. It's a little sexier than your basic vanilla, and I like that (while still loving the WVS).

Makeup:

Crummy swatches from left to right: NYX Maple Blondie, NYX Tiramisu, L'Oreal Fairest Nude. (click to enlarge)









Nyx Butter Gloss in Maple Blondie and Tiramisu: I love the Butter Glosses. They are lustrous, highly pigmented, smell like cookies, and they melt on your lips. Application is easy and the product feels good on your lips. There is a decent color range, too. Maple Blondie is a peachy pink, and Tiramisu is a caramel brown-based nude. I also have Cherry Pie, which is a red, but I prefer these two colors because when they melt, they blend more seamlessly with your neutral lip color. I would highly recommend these to anyone who likes a very pigmented, non-sticky gloss.

L'Oreal Paris Colour Riche Lipcolour in Fairest Nude: This has got to be the creamiest lipstick I've ever used. It's a pinkish nude that is a bit lighter than my natural lip color, but it's closer to it than a brown-based nude (nothing wrong with a brown-based nude - see Tiramisu above!), which is nice for minimal makeup days. This lipstick is highly pigmented and looks good on a variety of skintones. It is a little drying, but nothing too serious.





Fashion:

Flower Garland Headwrap from Icing: I prefer headwraps and scarves to headbands. I have a pixie cut, so hard headbands hurt my head. This has become one of my favorite hair accessories. It's so soft and pretty, and it makes me feel like a princess or the Greek goddess Demeter.

Ring set from Forever 21: (I can't find the link to these, but they should still be in stores)
(click to enlarge; nail polish is Orly Nail Lacquer in Haute Red)

I love the woodsy, ethereal look to these. This is the first midi ring I've ever had, and I absolutely love the trend. The tips of the "twigs" don't poke, either. If I remember correctly, there is also a set in silver.







And that's my faves for this month! Have you used or purchased any of these products? If so, what do you think of them? Let me know in the comments!

xx Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment